- Flash /
- Flex /
The developers at Armour have been building Web Applications since ‘The Cloud’ was an off-white thing floating in the sky, threatening to spill its contents on the umbrella-less population below. During this time, we have garnered the knowledge that has allowed us to develop software for large multi-user, online environments such as Abairleat, StrategyPal, ProPundit and Ammotio. Thousands of people use these systems on a regular basis, all from the comfort of their own web-browser.
User Experience combines every aspect of how an end user relates to and uses any application. Understanding those particular needs is crucial to the successful planning and execution of a project. Therefore, taking the time to gather specific requirements and capturing not only the functional but the interactive and visual needs and constraints is something we care about greatly.
Every good piece of software is built upon a well modelled database. Database design is not simply the formal process of defining structural relationships within a software system – it involves capturing the conceptual ideas at the core of a system. We work towards clear dialogue with the client that helps to clarify and codify the logical terms and connections between every part of a system. Getting the client to express and discuss their ideas and goals for their project is all part of the process – planning is everything!
Designing an application encompasses many different aspects, it involves clear direction, vision and planning. People expect the User Experience and User Interface to be well laid out and intuitive but the underlying structure is every bit as crucial to the success of the system. We have designed and built many applications for a wide range of markets and have the experience and the level of analytical skill required to make any type of application a success.
Each project brings with it a new set of challenges, in a visual and logical manner. This requires our develpoment team to code specific modules to make sure that the software is tailored precisely to the needs of the client and the application.
Application Design & Development
- Flash - Used for high impact websites and animation. Allows a developer to implement exactly what a designer proposes, complete with over-the-top animations if required. (Used in: Abairleat, Busker Brownes, Ennis Orthodontics etc)
- Flex - A similar technology to Flash, but more suitable for business orientated systems, fancy reports and heavy data. (Used in: StrategyPal ActionManager, Ammotio User Interface etc)
- Zend Framework – The most comprehensive and well supported PHP Framework of them all. The Model/View/Controller architectural pattern at its finest. (Used in ProPundit, Ammotio’s Engine Room)
- MySQL - The World’s most used relational database management system and also Armour Interactive’s most used RDBMS! Almost everything we build has a MySQL DB under it, storing all the information.
- HTML5 - The latest HTML standard, supporting dynamic, scriptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap rendering. In English – helps show animations and videos on stubborn Apple devices like iPads and iPhones.